Home care: it’s a broad array of health services which may be provided in your house for an injury or sickness. Usually, home care is more convenient, cheaper, and just as effective as care received inside a skilled nursing facility or a hospital. Here, the Winnipeg home health care services of Partners for Home goes over what home health care involves:
Skilled home service examples involve:
- Monitoring severe illness, as well as unstable health status
- Nutrition or intravenous therapy
- Caregiver and patient education
- Wound care for surgical wounds or pressure sores
Generally, the aim of this type of care includes treating an injury or illness. Such care assists you in:
- Getting better
- Regaining your independence
- Maintaining your present condition or level of function
- Slowing decline
If you have health coverage, tell your physician or additional provider in order for your bills to be paid correctly.
If your physician or referring provider makes the decision that you require this type of care, they ought to provide you a list of agencies which serve your locality. They have to tell you if their organization has a financial interest within any agency that is listed.
What should you expect from your home care?
- Physician’s orders are necessary to begin care. Once the physician refers you for such services, the agency will arrange a session and visit your house to speak with you about your needs, as well as ask you a few questions concerning your health.
- The staff at the home health agency also will speak with your physician regarding your care and keep your healthcare provider up-to-date in regard to your progress.
- It is vital that the staff see you as frequently as the physician ordered.
Instances of what the staff ought to do:
- Check what you are drinking and eating.
- Check your temperature, blood pressure, breathing, and heart rate.
- Check that you are taking your prescription and additional drugs and any treatments properly.
- Ask if you are experiencing pain.
- Check your safety inside your house.
- Inform you about your care in order for you to care for yourself.
- Coordinate care. That means they have to regularly communicate with you, your physician, and all others who provide care to you.
At Partners for Home, We Allow You to Stay in Your House
Our customized home care services in Winnipeg are personalized for each person’s individual needs. Our agency works diligently to develop the best potential partnership between you, your loved ones and your individual home care partner. Our story fuels our passion to offer the highest client experience. Our goal includes enabling our clientele to keep their independence, privacy and preference all in the security of their own house. With Partners for Home, it’s your needs which come first.
Our areas of experience are as follows:
- elderly adults
- people who have disabilities
- those recovering from medical treatments
- those who have mental health problems
- people who need rehabilitation
- mothers with children and newborns
- people who require special care
Call us today at 204-295-7174 to learn how we can help you!